For example, waste generated by a laundrette, or a chemical manufacturers would be classified as trade effluent.

A permit must be gained from the wastewater wholesaler to dispose of trade effluent, as the volume entering the network must be controlled in order to protect the environment, as well as the sewer and wastewater treatment processes. You may also need a permit from the Environment Agency if the discharge of trade effluent is going to a water course (including ground water). Failure to comply with relevant legislation can result in significant fines, so special care must be taken to ensure that your business is compliant.

If you have any queries, please contact 0333 000 9988. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 8am to 5:30pm.

Launch Recite Me web accessibility software